Me :)

My photo
i love traveling, people, yoga, sleeping, and a bunch of other things! :)

Saturday, May 12, 2012

the vow to forgive

So my little sister and I rented "The Vow". It is a tragic, happy, sappy lovey-dovey romance. I loved it. BUT there was a line that really stuck out to me. 

The mom is talking to the main girl {Paige} about why she stayed with her husband when he cheated... she says,

"I chose to stay with him for all of the things he did right, rather than the one thing that he did wrong. I chose to forgive him."

Now I am not saying that if you are in a bad situation like her that you need to stay and be abused in any way- but I do think that she has a good point. Even if she did not stay with him- she CHOSE to forgive him. Forgiveness is a choice we make that ends up making us better people.

 Forgiveness is hard. Healing is hard. For anyone who has felt betrayed, lost, confused and in a very real sense heart-broken and hard-hearted. It does not have to be from a bad break-up, but it can be. It does not have to be from a messy home situation, but it can be. It does not have to be from feeling used and abused, but it can be. But I know that no matter how hard forgiveness can be- it is worth it. Whether you are forgiving yourself or forgiving someone else- forgiveness brings healing and recovery. It makes life go back to normal- or as normal as it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment