Me :)

My photo
i love traveling, people, yoga, sleeping, and a bunch of other things! :)

Thursday, June 14, 2012

missionary meltdown


I have had several meltdowns due to the lack of "Sister Missionary Modest" clothing here in Utah County (of all places)

These meltdowns have included, but are not limited to- crying, running, crying some more, eating ice cream, crying and then repeating.

I have been to every store from Salt Lake to St George.

I have finally compiled my 8 outfit wardrobe and can now look back at my mission shopping experience as "funny" but it is still a somewhat tender subject.

What really brought on this blog post was my conversation with cute Heather Wood. She came up to me at Church (she is also going on a mission and just awaiting her call!) two weeks ago and told me of one of HER meltdowns. Poor Heather, I feel your pain. So I thought I would blog about where I found the BEST things....

1. Sister Missionary Mall- okay most of their stuff looks like a dead great grandmother but I was able to find two skirts (stretchy great grandma material) that are solid colors, long and will do the job. Are they cute? Not so much, but they are functional.

2. Down East Outfitters- seeing as this was created to be a "modest" store I had higher hopes. I found ONE skirt that was long enough and went past my knee. It is cute :)

3. Banana Republic- this is my heaven. gorgeous sweaters and shirts. LOVE

4. Eddie Bauer- my mom went in there this last weekend when we went to the mall and I grudgingly went with her. She came out with nothing, I came out with three shirts :)

5. Target- they have the basics...like cute scarves, cheap jewlery, neosporin, tissues, pens, paper, etc.

6. Diane Mudrow- she is a LIFESAVER. She is making 3 of my 8 skirts. I almost cried when we went shopping and was able to get everything we needed to make three adorable skirts. This is the best option. If you can sew, your mom can sew, your aunt's best friend can sew, or if your wonderful neighbor can sew then choose this option!

I hope this helps any Sister going out into the field! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment