Me :)

My photo
i love traveling, people, yoga, sleeping, and a bunch of other things! :)

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

mark allen boyack

6-4-34

This is when my Grandpa was born. Those four little digits were an hourly repeat to each new doctor at the hospital, each radiation visit, and yesterday they were all I could think of. I was a little bit of an emotional wreck yesterday, so I postponed writing until today. I LOVE my Grandpa. He was the funniest thing. Whenever he was teasing or sneaking ice-cream behind Grandma's back his bright blue eyes would twinkle.

He loved baseball, I love baseball. He watched "Western Wednesday" on AMC, I watched "Western Wednesday". I was his constant companion and he was my best friend. We would cruise to the Greats- Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bing Cosby...and he would whistle along.

 He passed away in May of 2010 from cancer. I am so thankful that he is no longer in pain, but I miss him all the time- when I go to the Temple with my Grandma and he is not there, when we go to visit and baseball is never on, going down to St George alone.

I was reading Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (for the 5th time- this is my ALL time favorite book) and I noticed a quote I had highlighted many reads before,

"Be careful how you think of the dead. Dont think of what might have been. Look steadfastly and you will see the living glory of your beloved dead in the heights of heaven."

How beautiful and true that is. I am blessed to have the knowledge of the life hereafter and of my Savior who has paved the way for us to return to Him. I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve a mission on this side of the veil, and I know that the work done here will be doubled while my Granpa serves his mission on the other side of the veil. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment