Me :)

My photo
i love traveling, people, yoga, sleeping, and a bunch of other things! :)

Monday, March 19, 2012

daddy

i am a daddy's little girl- through and through. this last week i was pretty sick and the whole way driving home, all i could think was that i needed to get home and get a blessing by my dad and i would be okay.

my dad taught me how to tie my shoes, how to ride a bike, and how to read.
he took me to the hospital when i had to get stitches and when i burned my foot.
he is SO supportive of me going on a mission, and he is one of the reasons why i have the desire to serve.
he is my best friend and the best advice giver.

lately i was thinking of the similarities between my dad here and my Heavenly Father. i have been thinking of how i always approach my dad for anything, how whenever i am scared that i go to my dad, how whenver i am disappointed or frustrated- i go cry to my dad.
BUT we have the blessing of having two dads. Lately, i have noticed that i have spent more time turning to my Father in Heaven. When i am scared, frustrated, concerned or confused, I spend just as much time on my knees as i do talking to my earth dad. i realize it has taken me awhile to really realize the connection and the similarities of how we can use our relationship with our Father in Heaven to grow and to progress while still on earth :) i read this talk- and it really helped me. Hope this helps someone out there! Happy Monday everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment