Me :)

My photo
i love traveling, people, yoga, sleeping, and a bunch of other things! :)

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

5/1 Steinstrasse Dettenhausen, DE

For those of you who do not already know...I am a few thousand miles away from good old Orem, UT- I am in GERMANY. I love this country. I am living in a little farming town in Southern Germany called Dettenhausen.

My Aunt is stationed in Stuttgart with the Air Force, so every once in a while I get to come over here and play nanny. I watch the kids during the week that my Uncle is doing shows in America (he is comedian!) and then for the rest of the time I get to play. Good deal? I think so. This time I will be here for three months.

So far I have been to Garmisch to the Zugspitze, Paris, Rothenberg Ob Der Tauber and of course Stuttgart, Tubingen, Lichtenstein and all of the small towns around here! I am going to try and catch up on all of my travels, but the real reason I love being here is not seeing the sights or the amazing shopping opportunities. It is because of my neighbors here.

Gerlinde, Frieda, Vince and Andreas, and then of course the Cyrone Family! They are some of the most AMAZING people I have ever met. Frieda has been teaching me to cook-which props to her, because for those of you who know me know how extremely difficult teaching me to cook is. She is patient, kind and I have learned LOADS! (i have also gained loads-don't worry exercise plan in place!) Gerlinde comes by daily to do our yard work- and usually ends up bringing some winter lettuce, or some other amazing German thing for us to try.

I love this culture, I love these people and as much as I love seeing the amazing sights that Europe has to offer when it all comes down to it- I will miss the people here more than the castles, towers, and cathedrals.

No comments:

Post a Comment