Me :)

My photo
i love traveling, people, yoga, sleeping, and a bunch of other things! :)

Friday, November 18, 2011

My Daddy- Blessing Dos :) and My Mom- Blessing Three!

Jesse David Washburn
Yes, I still call him Daddy and not even just when I need/want something. This is my hero. He is my best friend. He is the most kind, patient, loving person I know and I am lucky enough to call him my Dad. He is incredibly hard working- and always puts other people before himself. 


I remember growing up he would come in at night and tell Estee and I stories. We each had our favorites (mine was the porcupine story) but they were always about him growing up. I loved listening to him and falling asleep to his stories. 

Another favorite memory of my dad is his business trips. It was never fun having Dad traveling for business (which he did a lot) but he would ALWAYS brings us presents when he came home. New movies, chocolate, dolls, toys...and then once we started to get older we got things like hotel shampoo and a bar of soap- those were not all that exciting.

I just love this guy. I love that he is my best friend, my hero and my Dad. I am SO lucky to have been raised by him!

Talking about my Dad, I could not pass up the chance to tell you all about my Mom, who in a completely different way is also my hero and best friend. 
Sue Ann Boyack Washburn (aka Sue Ellen ;)
This is my mom. She is beautiful. She is SUCH an amazing person. Everyone that knows her will  tell you how selfless she is. She is always the first person to volunteer to help and the last to stop working. 

Some of my favorite memories of my mom center around visiting her at work. I love getting to talk to her- and getting to watch her interact with all of the kids. She has changed so many lives at that school- and all of the kids love Mrs. Washburn! 

My mom has been through a lot. Over the past few years she has had more trials in her life than anyone deserves/ or needs, but no one could have handled it like her. I don't know how she does it- but she is ALWAYS positive. Even when she was sick she was still serving other people. 
I love her. She is the best mom in the world. She is an amazing example to not only me and my sisters, but to everyone around her!

I am always amazed by how truly blessed I was when it came to my family! I love love my parents. Growing up I was always trying to do things on my own, usually doing things wrong, but I was so stubborn. I could not wait to move out- until I did and then I was calling my mom every morning on my way to class, and my dad every night on my way home from school. Yes, I am a Daddy's Girl AND a Momma's Girl. I LOVE them and as cliche as this is I am who I am today because of them.

*Up Next: Paris Trip! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment