Me :)

My photo
i love traveling, people, yoga, sleeping, and a bunch of other things! :)

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Brunhilde and Blessings

Bleh. I hate kidney stones...they hurt, make me angry, and they always come at the most inconvenient times.

It is almost like my body thought, "Oh, you think you are going to Italy for Thanksgiving...yeah THAT is not going to happen." Lame. 

This one I decided to name Brunhilde. I liked how German it sounded, pretty fitting I know. It lasted from 1-5 am keeping me, Bengt and Kelly awake. Luckily they had some left over pain killers, which knocked me (and the pain!) out. 

I am still keeping an eye on the situation, but still no  more pain. Cross your fingers for an uneventful next two weeks :)

Enough complaining though, this is a time to be thankful. And even though last night was definitely not fun, there is a lot to be grateful for. I am SO thankful for such an amazing Aunt and Uncle who were so sweet and took such great care of me, for my Dad for listening to me whine and cry, for my Mom doing the same, and for modern medicine that makes us completely forget the pain and everything else, and last I am SO thankful to be here in Germany, it is a beautiful country and I will take a night of kidney stones in exchange for being here ANY day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment