Me :)

My photo
i love traveling, people, yoga, sleeping, and a bunch of other things! :)

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Garmisch...Week One

Zugspitze- Garmisch, DE

This is beautiful. It is also the tallest peak in the German Alps. My Uncle is a comedian and had a show my first weekend here down at the Edelweisse Resort (army resort in Garmisch) and this was the view from my hotel room balcony. 
Kelly and baby Britta were sick that weekend so it was just Ian, Bengt and I. Bengt had a show that night, so I stayed in with Ian. We watched Spider Man, ate chips and Haribo Gummy Bears (best things EVER! go to the store and see if you can find some :) they will change your life), and spent some time listening to music and jumping on the beds! It was an epic night. 
The next day we went into town and had hot cocoa and lunch and then came back to the resort and Ian and I went swimming. There is the most amazing hot tub outside which I loved- and luckily there were some cool fountains to keep Ian entertained. 
It was such an amazing, relaxing weekend. On our way home we also tried to go to Neuschwanstein. Can I just say that crowds annoy me?  And of course, there were TONS of people trying to go up to see the castle. Standing out in the freezing cold, waiting four hours for the next Spanish tour (English and German were sold out so we went for the next best language that we can speak) hiking up to the castle, and then shuffling through with a huge crowd and little Ian did not sound fun to Bengt and I, so as soon as I got the pictures that I wanted from the outside we hightailed it out of there. 
Despite the jet lag, cold/cough that the whole family passed around, and the random bout of rain in Garmisch week one in Germany was a complete success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment